Friday, May 01, 2009

Checking In

It is yet another rainy Friday and the forecast is for another rainy weekend (I think this is the third in a row). Next time you come to visit us in CO you will find the weather to be a hot topic of conversation. This week, Monday we got an inch or so of snow, it was gone by Tuesday when the temperature spiked to near 80 degrees. Wednesday and Thursday gradually cooled off leading up to today where it is chilly, damp, and rainy. Well, at least we are guaranteed another beautiful day soon! It is now officially May so I am anticipating warm, gorgeous weather daily.

Sorry for post without pictures, I don't have the camera right now. We'll make up for it this weekend. I can tell you that the girls are just as adorable and entertaining as always. India seems to be getting onto the potty better everyday. She still doesn't have the foresight to know when she has to go, but she is fast to tell you when she needs changed. The other day we were at the park and she stops at the top of the slide and yells "Pee!" as she presses her knees together and holds her hands over the front of her diaper. I wasn't sure what to do at that point since she seemed frozen and there was no potty close by. I though about the bushes but there were other people around, so I just said, "It's okay. Let's go down the slide." I'm sure potty training guru's would argue how I am stunting her progress but, hey, this is real life and none of us wanted to go to jail for indecent exposure.

Jordyn is already becoming Ms. Independent. In fact sometimes I wonder if the girls need us at all. This morning India was sitting on the potty drinking her milk and Jordyn was laying close by holding her own bottle, looking around, smiling. I guess we are still valuable since India still can't lift her sister without dropping her (believe me she tries) and for some reason I can't convince India to get up at night to feed and change Jordyn.

Truthfully though you just cannot turn your back on them for a minute. Yesterday India was drinking her very own fruit slushy. She had a lid and a straw and she was into it so I didn't pay much attention to her. Before I knew it the cup was on it's side and she had poked a hole in the styrofoam and was reaching in to grab handfuls of her slushy. Priceless!

Speaking of food, Jordyn is really enjoying life with solid food. Except for green beans that is. With every spoonful of green beans she gags, acts like she's choking, and gives you the "how could you do this to me" look. I am debating whether this is cruel and unusual punishment or if I should keep feeding them to her. She likes peas, sweet potatoes, bananas, and apples A LOT!

Take care and look for pictures soon.
We Love You!
Linwood, Sara, India, and Jordyn

No comments: