Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Love Revolution

I just wanted to share this amazing book I have just started reading...The Love Revolution by Joyce Meyer. I don't know about everyone else, but I struggle with maintaining a positive attitude while performing those necessary, day-to-day tasks. Last week my memory verse was:

Phillipians 2:14 "I will do all things without grumbling and complaining."

I have been succeeding outwardly, but those grumbling thoughts still pop into my mind. Well, I was reading this book and I was so humbled it just knocked me off my feet. How could I complain about making dinner every night when there are parents who cannot provide food for their children? Or complain about unloading the dishwasher when some people don't have clean water to drink? It really put everything into perspective for me.

I usually don't promote books, but this book has really made an impression on me. After reading the first chapter I have already put together a proposal for a program to assist the "needy" students at my school and we have sponsored a 7 year old boy in Rwanda. Who knows what will happen by the time I finish the book!!! The overarching theme is that we, alone, cannot solve all the problems in the world, but we can each do something. I have always felt my heart crumble and ache as I read about suffering children. Many times I have asked God how he can let this happen. His answer to me was that he has already provided enough food, water, etc. for everyone on earth. Some people just don't want to share.

I know this is unusually serious and profound for our website, but we still love you all!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

"I have already put together a proposal for a program to assist the "needy" students at my school and we have sponsored a 7 year old boy in Rwanda. Who knows what will happen by the time I finish the book!!!"

I love that! Don't you LOVE how God can use anything (this time words in a book) to help prompt and move a soul to DO something wonderful! I love what you're DOing! And who knows how many others that it will also inspire to want to "DO" too!

You also said, "we, alone, cannot solve all the problems in the world, but we can each do something." This one so used to get me. Anything that I could think of to do seemed so little, so minute, so... not enough in comparison! Until I realized that EVERY thing you DO counts and is important and means something to someone. Thank you though, this was a very appropriate and timely reminder for me today. I once posted a blog concerning something similar (http://sharon-justsaying.blogspot.com/2010/02/every-could-that-does-counts.html)... but it seems I've forgotten. For the past two days I've been wondering "what difference am I making?... cause I'm not doing enough." It's going to take ALL of God's army... with each soldier DOing his part! :)

Anonymous said...

:-)

Aunt Vivian