Sunday, January 08, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

It is exciting to be writing our first webpost of 2012! We had a very blessed and wonderful 2011, but there is something almost magical about new beginnings. The opportunity to do things right, a fresh start, and the best thing is that nothing horrible or traumatic has had to happen to have this opportunity. We are so looking forward to this new year and all of the treasures and memories that each day will hold.
We brought in the new year here at home. Cousin Cenika spent the night so I thought it would be fun to have our own new years party and celebrate the new year at 7PM instead of midnight. We spent the day before making decorations and noise makers. That day we did what we could to make it special including drinking our milk at dinner out of crystal glasses. I have to say that my favorite part was playing "Go Fish" with the girls. They don't yet get the concept of keeping their cards a secret and they were really excited to have what their competitors were asking them for. I tried not to take advantage of the situation and I think I only won one game.
Well, you can imagine my shock when new years arrived and the girls were sad...India even cried. They let me know that I had promised them a party and we never had a party. Apparently unless other people come, it is not a party. Who knew?! Next year I will have to think of a better name.

We are praying for blessings to overtake each and every one of you this year and most importantly that God will be with you every step of the way.
Love you all!

New Year's Party

Dinner

Ready for the party

Go Fish

Happy New Year!

Building at Home Depot

Shed Piggy Bank (if they are still called piggy banks when they aren't a piggy)

India painting her bank

Jordyn painting

No comments: