Sunday, January 22, 2012

Horses, Paper Dolls, and lots of Energy

One of the most fabulous things about being a preschooler has got to be the limitless amounts of energy. These two beautiful girls wake up in 5th gear and leave me in the dust until I can get my morning coffee. While I am always trying to figure out how I can bottle some of that energy for myself, it is what makes our days so lively and entertaining. The Western Stock Show is in town and the girls have embraced it fully and found their inner Cowgirls. Their rocking horse has been the center of play for a few weeks now, sometimes with the costume and sometimes without. The girls have also gotten their first "paper dolls." They are much bigger than when I was a little girl, but the girls couldn't be more thrilled. It is safe to say that they love these princesses. They hug them, kiss them, talk to them, dance with them, and India has brought hers up to stand beside her bed for the past few nights. They are having so much fun!

The other main topic of conversation at the Washington house is all of the baby cousins that were just born! Jeremy is now a little over a month old and Christopher and Melody are 5 days old. They talk about who will feed them and change their diapers and we are all counting the days until we get to see them in person.

India and Jordyn making butterfly pillows

Cowgirl Jordyn

"Can you please hold my canteen?"

Cowgirl India

Jordyn running around the playroom in her new sneakers

Jordyn with Ariel

India with Ariel (taken by Jordyn)

Jordyn with Rapunzel (taken by India)

No comments: